Thursday, 1 May 2008

Granny

May 1, wat a hot day...sweat like mad..wasnt enuf to bathe 3 times even.
was so crazily busy these days...so many things happening at work n other stuff..
Issues over PS, hanging out almost everynight, galas..blah blah..n nt to mention..a very bad news frm James whom i haven tok to for some time...( hang in there! everything will b alrite!)
went to see grandma today..hurts to see her in an old folks hme..she is still as petite..bt signs of aging is really showing... she talks so softly now..her skin is so wrinkled ( like in need of a lot of moisturizer), her viens are so obvious on her hands... she looks so frail, such a huge contrast from the granny who used to bring me along for her 1 day Malaysia temple tour with the other senior citizens.. She used to walk so fast that we cant catch up, she used to cook such yummy food..she used to talk so loud..she used to come to my hse to visit..All these are gone now..Its saddening..

It hurts to see her in a home..not that she is not wanted bt bcos no one "cld" take care of her..instead of her kids and grandchildren accompanying her, its the Filippino nurses who talk to her everyday now.. Luckily her mind is still sharp n keen, i will be devastated if she forgot who I was....If only i own the hse, if only i have alot of $$ so that I cn bring her hme and employ a maid to look after her. I suddenly feel so guilty that i seldom see her. It suddenly dawn to me that I nvr realli tok to my granny weneva I go to her hse on weekends..I think we are all guilty of that..
" Going Granny's hse on Sunday" - nt to actually accompany granny but to have fun with our cousins and stuff.. Its too late to rewind the clock now...I jus hope there is still time to make up for it. She is already 88...

No comments: